Wednesday, January 23, 2008

over the atlantic

First lesson. question: Hola Como estas? answer: Muy Bien. Hey everyone… My adventure thus far has proven very eventful. I arrived in Bilbao just yesterday (now about about a week ago). A recap: Denver to Philly. In Philly, with a smile on my face, I strolled towards the international terminal. I saw the two gentlemen I would spend the next few months… an even larger smile and a couple hugs. We’re on our way! I mean look at the two bozos I get to share my wanderlust with… (the getxo coast)  

A moment later, I’m in line eagerly awaiting my adventure. Across the loud speaker a lady addresses us in Spanish… hun… no entiendo… I nervously laugh as I hop on the plane. I could be in trouble. 

Immediately put to rest, I sit next to a Dutch princess by the name of Heidi who hails not from the land of wooden clogs but from the golden state of California… her and I chat about school, (she’s at Cal Baptist), common acquaintances at Westmont, our inexperience with the language, where we’re studying (her in Seville) and how we welcome with anticipation a young Spanish delicacy know only as… Piglet. Her company was much appreciated and enjoyed. 

1 comment: