Monday, January 28, 2008

a bit lagged

I'm trying to keep a running commentary of my experiences. It's taking me some time to post them however. This is an excerpt from the day after i arrived in Bilbao:

The day began at 1700 with a sunset. Jetlag’s a bugger. Catching one last glimpse of the sun… and scratching my head, I wonder… ‘now what’? The guys and I decide food is in order. But wait how do I order food? I… grab my Spanish phrase book, obv! Looking very Spanish in my pea coat and new sperrys, I, accompanied by two American gentlemen, venture out in search of some culture. I find it around every corner and on every face and in restaurant. Espana… I now sit sipping a drink labeled calimocho. (make sure you pronounce the ch as a th… yep, the famous Spanish lisp)(( I know now that’s actually incorrect)). Ingredients: Vino (1.85 euros a bottle at the local supermarcado) and Coca Cola. Muy bien. The discovery continues… can’t wait to see what the future holds… I hope all of you are discovering adventure amidst your own journey  

No comments: