Wednesday, April 9, 2008

an eclectic romance: songs of a soul in search of love

I’m at Glass. It’s a café right outside the center plaza in las arenas, not too far from my apartment. Today I went home early, yet I forgot my keys. A minor detail. Ever heard of karma? So, I head to a café for a few hours and my ears perk yet again as I hear a familiar tune. 'only you' and 'when a man loves a women' are resonating clearly from the loudspeakers. Mr. Bolton belts it loud. I’m feeling romantic and am looking for some Spanish chica to appear with hair flowing, etc.

And the next song is… the star wars theme song, an obvious next course of musical dynamism. Nothing makes my heart flutter more than to picture those storm troopers, Luke’s father and Chewbacca marching in unison down some long corridor to the tune of “da da da dun da da dun da da!”

The Spanish women were swooning, let me tell you.

No comments: