Monday, August 2, 2010

Apartment Fumbling

The other day was interesting. I went to a studio apartment to check it out more closely and to get a tour. Turns out in passing by the day before I failed to see the entrance to a gentleman's club literally right next door... what the heck... and then around the corner was another similar establishment. I was pretty dumbfounded. At first I thought maybe I'll just avoid it because otherwise it's a great price and pretty good location... but quickly realized that just wouldn't fly. (But had a nice conversation with the apt manager, he was an americorps member back in the day). In a way, it was a humorous moment for me, having found what I thought was my new home for 420 a month and then realizing I would be sequestered/surrounded by the devil... and waiting for this manager to show up, twiddling my thumbs outside of a strip club where any passer by would never believe that 'I'm just waiting to see an apartment' 'yeah right'... I guess I'll wait on the Lord instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"sequestered by the devil." lol!!!! although this is no laughing matter, the way you worded this makes me laugh.Only you would use such syntax. Glad you're blogging again. Love you buddy.